Enrolment Application Procedures
If you are considering enrolling your child at Butler College, please refer to the following information. Applications must be delivered in person to Administration – we are unable to accept applications via email or post. Incomplete enrolments (or those without the required documents) will be returned until the documents are obtained. Enrolments are not considered to be accepted by the College until approved by a Deputy Principal and proof of address has been verified. For students wishing to commence as soon as possible, the processing time is three business days from the time of approval. For more information please contact us by email or telephone 9561 4200.
For information about our Academic Extension Program, please click here.
Applications & Eligibility
Please complete the Application for Enrolment Booklet and return it to us as soon as possible (refer to pages 3 & 4 of the Enrolment Booklet when completing the Application). It is essential that parents and students are aware of the College’s core values, requirements and policies which are included in the Application Booklet. These policies must be signed by parent and the enrolling child prior to submitting the enrolment.
Photocopies of the following documents must be included with all Applications for Enrolment:
- Birth Certificate/Passport;
- Australian Citizenship certificate (if applicable);
- Latest school report;
- Court orders (if applicable);
- 2 x proof of address documents (see below for more information);
- Immunisation records (see below for more information);
- Visa documentation (if applicable, see below for more information).
Parents are reminded that under the Education Act 1999 (Div 2.20) ‘the Principal may cancel the enrolment if false or misleading information was given’. It is a requirement that all information provided is accurate and that the College is informed immediately of any change of address.
Local Area Intake Boundary
To qualify for enrolment at Butler College, students must be residing within the boundaries of our local intake area, as determined by the Department of Education.
If you are not permanently residing within our local area intake boundary, please contact us College Administration on 9561 4200 for more information.
Proof of Address requirements
To determine your eligibility for enrolment please provide 2 x proof of address as follows:
- 2 x current utilities bills (no more than 2-3 months old) – landline telephone, gas, electricity. We do not accept Council Rates or Water Rates.
- If you are renting or leasing a property, a full copy of the rental/lease agreement must be provided, showing a minimum term of at least six months).
The Department of Education requires immunisation records to be provided with Enrolment Applications. We are no longer able to accept the ‘baby books’ as proof of immunisations. Parents of students vaccinated in Australia can request an Immunisation History Statement by contacting the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809, or by emailing email@example.com
Students born overseas
If your child was not born in Australia, you must provide evidence of the date of entry into Australia; passport or travel documents; and visa documents (please see below) if applicable.
Temporary Visa Holders
If your child is a temporary visa holder you must provide:
- Confirmation of enrolment or evidence of permission to transfer provided by Education International (if holding an International full fee student visa, subclass 571; or
- Evidence of the visitor and temporary resident visa (other than subclass 571 above); or
- Evidence of the visa for which the student has applied (if the student is on a bridging visa).
Student Health Forms
If your child has any health conditions (major or minor) please complete the appropriate Health Form to include with your Enrolment Application. Please refer to the menu item Student Health Forms under the Enrolments tab.
15 McCormack Boulevard
Butler WA 6036
Phone: 08 9561 4200