Your Child's Transition to Butler College
Transition Day: 7 or 8 December 2020
If you have enrolled your child for Year 7 next year, we invite them to attend our full day Transition Program on either 7 or 8 December 2020. Children from Quinns Beach, East Butler, Merriwa and Butler Primary Schools have received information about their own transition days via their primary school. If your child does not attend one of these schools, please download the Parent Consent and Medical Form here, complete and return to Butler College by Friday 13 November 2020.
Parent Information Evenings
If you were unable to attend the Parent evenings in Term 3, the Presentations and Booklets are available to download:
We understand the importance of your child's transition from primary to secondary school. This significant occasion marks the emergence into adolescence and requires planning and preparation, so that your child feels comfortable and happy throughout the process. Teaching and non-teaching staff, current students, partner primary schools and families all have a valued role in this process. Our Transition Program offers:
- Parent information sessions;
- Transition afternoons for students in Term 3 & 4 to meet teachers and become familiar with College grounds & facilities;
- Additional visits by Butler College staff to the primary schools for students to ask questions;
- Parent letter and Transition booklets about what to expect at the College;
- 'A day if the life of a Butler College student' full day program for Year 6 students in Term 4, to help them experience College life;
- Private tours for students with high anxiety, ASD and other disabilities;
- Case conferences with families and agencies as required; and
- Meetings with primary school Administration and teachers to identify students at educational risk.
More information about upcoming events can be found on the College Calendar and our facebook page. Contact Kelly Johnson (mainstream students) or Elise Fairman (students with disabilities) on 9561 4200 for details about the Transition Program, or speak with Administration for information about the enrolment process. We look forward to meeting you and your child soon.