Your Child's Transition to Butler College
Transition Programs for Year 7 2021
If you were unable to attend the parent evenings on 11 and 18 August 2020 (see website calendar for details), the Presentations and Booklets are now available.
We understand the importance of your child's transition from primary to secondary school. This significant occasion marks the emergence into adolescence and requires careful planning and preparation, so that your child feels comfortable and happy throughout the process. Teaching and non-teaching staff, current students, partner primary schools and families all have a valued role in this process. Our Transition Program offers:
- Parent information afternoons and evenings;
- Transition afternoons for students in Term 3 & 4 to meet teachers and become familiar with College grounds & facilities;
- Additional visits by Butler College staff to the primary schools for students to ask questions;
- Parent letter, Transition booklet and social story about what to expect at the College;
- 'A day if the life of a Butler College student' full day program for Year 6 students in Term 4, to help them experience College life;
- Private tours for students with high anxiety, ASD and other disabilities;
- Case conferences with families and agencies as required; and
- Meetings with primary school Administration and teachers to identify students at educational risk.
Contact Kelly Johnson (mainstream students) or Elise Fairman (students with disabilities) on 9561 4200 for more details about the Transition Program, or speak with our Administration team for more information about the enrolment process. We look forward to meeting you and your child soon.